11 Juni 2010
Posted by ArdWar | 11 Juni 2010 | Category: 7 Prinsip |
Analysis of the Fundamental principle of Voluntary serviceThe text under the Fundamental principle of Voluntary service includes the following elements:
- the Movement is a voluntary relief movement;
- the Movement is not prompted in any manner by desire for gain.
- the Movement is a volunteer-based organisation;
- if the Movement fails to recognize the value of voluntary it is in danger of becoming bureaucratic, losing touch with a vital source of motivation, inspiration and initiative, and of cutting off the roots which maintain its contact with human needs and enable it to meet them;
- Voluntary service, a source of economy. Imagine how much suffering would have to be neglected, for lack of means, if all the work done by volunteers had to be paid for. It is sometimes sufficient to have a relatively small but motivated support staff, with the necessary minimum of financial resources, to enable volunteers to render community services whose cost could never be borne either by the National Society or by the State.